We made it home. That was an event, and it would not have been successful if not for our friend and former birthing class fellow student Stephanie. She helped us remember all the things we needed and kept Sarah company when I needed to go down and pack the car. A lactation consultant helped out with the breastfeeding, and Lucas tried his best to sleep through the lesson. On the bright side, he is a very sound sleeper. We might have to go back to the hospital if he doesn't learn to eat soon.
At home the first challenge was to go up the stairs. Sarah bravely made the journey and kept her sense of humor too. This time, we tried just keeping Lucas at the ready, hoping he would figure out that food was retrieved by sucking. I said he'd be out of the baby genius category if he died of hunger with his face on his mother's bosom.
At home, Sarah's mother is a huge help with getting food, cleaning, doing laundry, rocking the baby and allowing Sarah and I some sleep after the sleepless nights in the hospital. From Friday to Monday felt like one long day that was finally going to come to an end.
At home the first challenge was to go up the stairs. Sarah bravely made the journey and kept her sense of humor too. This time, we tried just keeping Lucas at the ready, hoping he would figure out that food was retrieved by sucking. I said he'd be out of the baby genius category if he died of hunger with his face on his mother's bosom.
At home, Sarah's mother is a huge help with getting food, cleaning, doing laundry, rocking the baby and allowing Sarah and I some sleep after the sleepless nights in the hospital. From Friday to Monday felt like one long day that was finally going to come to an end.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home